Dr. Leah Colby
I have been seeing patients since 1996 in the Northwest Metro and I really enjoy the wide range of patients in private practice. From examining small children to mature adults, every patient presents a unique and personal opportunity to enhance how they experience vision. I truly look forward to getting to know my patients so I can better serve and understand their needs.
I grew up in Holmen, Wisconsin and completed my undergraduate degree from Concordia College in St. Paul. I am a nationally board certified and residency trained optometrist and have worked extensively in comprehensive and medical eye care environments since graduating from Pacific University College of Optometry in Oregon. I was honored to be named the Young Optometrist of the Year by the Minnesota Optometric Association.
My husband Dirk and I met at optometry school and have always dreamed of owning our own clinic in a rural community. Although Rogers is growing leaps and bounds, we enjoy the small town atmosphere and friendliness of its people. We look forward to providing your family with comprehensive eye care for years to come!
Some interesting facts about me:
- I am a bookaholic and welcome suggestions for a good read.
- I enjoy perennial gardening and landscaping.
- I enjoy traveling, wine tasting and eating at great restaurants!
Dr. Chris Roghair
I was born and raised in the small town of Richland Center, WI. I received my undergraduate degree in Psychology from the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse. Afterward, I graduated summa cum laude from the Illinois College of Optometry (ICO) in Chicago.
At ICO, I completed clinical rotations in ocular disease, contact lenses, low vision rehabilitation, pediatric optometry, and primary care optometry. I pride myself in providing thorough, personalized care to patients of all ages and backgrounds – from infants to older adults.
I am a member of the Minnesota Optometric Association, American Optometric Association, and Vision Optometric Services to Humanity International (VOSH). During optometry school, I traveled on mission trips to Oaxaca, Mexico and Chiquimula, Guatemala. Volunteering and community service are very important to me and I look forward to getting involved in Rogers, St. Michael, and the surrounding area.
Outside of clinic, I enjoy spending time with my fiance, Ellyn, and our two cats Kix and Curly. I also enjoy being active outdoors - playing sports, running, biking, and hiking.
Here are a few fun facts about me:
- I am a huge soccer fan! I especially enjoy following the United States National Team and Minnesota United (Go Loons!).
- Being from Wisconsin, I enjoy many of the things my state does well: beer, cheese, and the Green Bay Packers! I look forward to exploring new restaurants and breweries in the area to find a taste of home!
- I like to dabble in cooking but am still not very good - any tips or recipes are always appreciated!
Dr. Erin Dunphy
I was born in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago where I grew up playing hockey. Luckily, I was able to continue my hockey career through college at Marian University (Fond Du Lac, WI), where I played all 4 years before graduating Cum Laude with my Bachelors degree in Biology and a minor in Chemistry. I went on to the Illinois College of Optometry where I graduated Cum Laude in May 2018.
Some of you my recognize me, as I did one of my 4th year student rotation here at EyeWest. I found everyone to be so welcoming and kind, and I look forward to returning and providing the very best care possible to you and your families! My other student rotations included pediatrics and contact lenses in Chicago, geriatric eye care at the Veterans Administration in Florida, and an Ophthalmology/geriatric rotation in Arizona.
Outside of clinic you'll find me at the ice rink, hanging out with friends, reading multiple books at once, and trying new restaurants. I also enjoy spending time with my extended family here in MN.
Things that may interest you about me:
- I love cooking and am always open to experimenting with new recipes!
- I am an adrenaline junkie, I have ziplined many times, love roller coasters, and always enjoy a challenging hike.
- I love breweries and trying different beers, IPA's are my favorite!