The Benefits of Contact Lenses
While many of our patients prefer stylish eyeglasses to correct their vision, others prefer a more natural look of wearing contact lenses. Contact lenses can be a great option for active individuals and those who participate in athletics. With the availability of many daily wear designs, you can eliminate the purchase of cleaning solutions and cases too! Our doctors will be happy to help you navigate options to make the best decision for your lifestyle.
Contact Lens Options
- Daily wear lenses are a convenient option for most prescriptions for near and farsightedness. You wear them and then throw them!
- Toric lenses are a comfortable design for patient with an astigmatism correction.
- Multifocal lenses are a great choice for those who need distance and near vision corrected in one lens design.
- Scleral lenses are an option for those hard to fit patients. (example: Keratoconus)
What Happens During a Contact Lens Exam?
- Determine your prescription: Our doctors will examine your eyes to determine your contact lens prescription, which can be different than your eyeglasses prescription. Precise measurements will be taken to ensure proper fit.
- Discuss your lifestyle: Our doctors will discuss your lifestyle to determine which type of lens will be most convenient for you.
- Instruction: You will have uninterrupted one on one time with a technician to teach you how to safely insert and remove your contacts. They will also teach you proper care for your new contact lenses.
- Follow-up: We will give you diagnostic lenses to take home with you. We will schedule a follow-up appointment in a week or two to see you with your contact lenses on your eyes. If you are having any issues, our optometrists will make the necessary adjustments during the appointment. If the contacts are working well and are comfortable, you can order your supply at the follow-up appointment. Don't forget to ask about our awesome rebates!
It is important to note, a contact lens exam is generally not covered by your medical insurance. Please call to discuss the cost for this service and to schedule your contact lens exam. We look forward to serving you!