If you rely on glasses to see clearly, you may want to consider purchasing contact lenses. Contacts offer a few benefits that you cannot get from eyeglasses. If you are thinking about making the switch to contacts, schedule an appointment with EyeWest Vision Clinic in Rogers and St. Michael, MN.
The Benefits of Contacts
Contact lenses provide a more natural appearance because you will not have an eyeglass frame on your face. Also, your vision will not be obstructed by the eyeglass frame or dirty lenses. Finally, contacts are more convenient for athletes and active people. It can be difficult and dangerous to participate in sports without wearing eyeglasses if you do not wear contact lenses.
Types of Contact Lenses
There are several types of contact lenses available. You can choose the lens that works best with your lifestyle. These options include:
- Daily lenses: Daily lenses are worn for just one day and thrown away at night. You will put a fresh, new pair in each day.
- Weekly lenses
- Bi-weekly lenses
- Monthly lenses
- Extended wear lenses: These contacts can be worn for 30 days straight without needing to remove them at night.
- Colored lenses: Colored contacts can change the color of your eyes and also correct your vision.
What Happens During a Contact Lens Exam?
If you are going to get contacts, you will need a contact lens exam. Our optometrists will administer a few tests and more to ensure you get the right contact lenses.
- Determine your prescription: Your contact lens prescription will not be the same as your eyeglass prescription. Our eye doctors will examine your eyes to determine your prescription. We will also precisely measure your eyes to ensure a proper fit.
- Discuss your lifestyle: Our optometrists will discuss your lifestyle to determine which type of lens will be most convenient for you.
- Teaching: You will sit down with a tech to teach you how to insert and remove your contacts. We will also teach you to care for your new contact lenses.
- Follow-up: We will give you a trial pair of lenses and schedule a follow-up appointment in a week or two. If the contacts are working well and are comfortable, you can order your supply at the follow-up appointment. If you are having any issues, our optometrists will make the necessary adjustments during the appointment.
Get Your Contact Lenses at EyeWest Vision Clinic
If you are thinking about making the switch to contact lenses, contact our team at EyeWest Vision Clinic to schedule a contact lens exam. Call our Rogers Clinic today at (763) 428-3757 or our St. Michael Clinic at (763) 497-3754.